THANK YOU to all who participated in our August ChemChat. We brainstormed some topics for this year's roundtables, and plan to do more of this in September. Topics currently being planned are
- SEL: implementing social and emotional learning within a chem curriculum
- DEMOS: how to include meaningful but easy-to-sustain demonstrations
- NGSS: how are folks implementing this?
- READING: how to bring outside readings into the classroom in ways that are meaningful to students but not time-intensive for teachers
- ASSESSMENTS: streamlining assessments; assessing skills
- DIFFERENTIATION: how to implement differentiation without burning the teacher time candle at both ends
We wish everyone a joyful and peace-filled start to their school year.
"Chem-Chats" will run every 2nd Thursday from 4:00-5:00 pm (EST).